Visit the Parent Center!
For more information about the Parent Center
please contact our Parent Educator
- Grade Level Skills Select your child's grade level for many helpful practice activities!!
- Book Adventure A free motivational reading program for K-8 students. Pick a book to read, take an online quiz, with prizes after a certain number of quizzes. Parents and teachers can monitor students' reading and a access additional materials to help with reading.
- Family Education
- Figure This A collection of educational games for students and their parents. The games are suitable for students of all ages.
- Helping Your Child Become a Reader This free resource features dozens of fun activities parents can use to build language skills of young children (infants through age 6). The 60-page booklet includes a reading checklist, typical language accomplishments for different age groups, suggestions for books, and resources for children with reading problems or learning disabilities.
- Helping Your Child Learn Math This site reinforces skills in classification, computation, estimation, and money in real life situations. It meets many of the the NCTM standards: Identifying and solving problems, number facts and computations, number concepts, etc. Grades Pre-K- 7.
- Learning Activities - Parent's Page
- Parent Sites A nice collection of sites from Zwolle Elementary.
- Ready to Learn Prepares children for success in school. Ready to Learn television service is a national effort to improve the school readiness of young children through public broadcasting.
- Council for Exceptional Children
- LD Online A good starting point for learning disabilities.
- NICHCY National information center for children with disabilities.
- A Parent's Guide to Helping Kids with Learning Differences This site provides information and resources for parents of children with learning disabilities.
- U.S. Education Dept.'s Office of Special Education Programs